Oakland County Woman Wins $110K Michigan Lottery But Thought the Email Was a Scam so Ignored it

 A Michigan woman thought she was being scammed when she received an email stating that she had won $110,689 in the Michigan Lottery Connect.

Winner of Michigan Lottery
Oakland County Woman Wins Michigan Lottery; credit: Alejandro Garay

The 47-year-old woman remained anonymous after she was selected in a pool that took place on 14 December 2022. 

She told the Michigan Lottery officials about what happened.

She said:

"I knew that by playing the Monthly Jackpot game online, I was earning entries into a second chance giveaway. I never thought I would win the second chance drawing, so I was hoping for an instant win playing the games." -Michigan woman that won $110K lottery (Source: Michigan Lottery Connect)

She discovered the email randomly and thought it was a scam.

She said:

"I was checking my email one day and saw an email from the Lottery informing me that I'd won a $110,689 Monthly Jackpot prize and I thought it was a scam. I decided to wait until the next day to do anything about the email because I was certain that I hadn't actually won. When I got a call from the Lottery a few hours later confirming my prize, I was so excited! Winning is such an unbelievable feeling." -Michigan woman that won $110K lottery (Source: Michigan Lottery Connect)


 Eight Monthly Jackpot Progressive prizes have been awarded since the game began in April 2022:

  • April 2022 – $338,256 progressive jackpot prize
  • May 2022 – $178,116 progressive jackpot prize
  • June 2022 – $139,221 progressive jackpot prize
  • July 2022 – $121,668 progressive jackpot prize
  • August 2022 – $104,730 progressive jackpot prize
  • September 2022 – $99,821 progressive jackpot prize
  • October 2022 – $97,885 progressive jackpot prize
  • November 2022 – $110,689 progressive jackpot prize
(Source: Michigan Lottery Connect)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Phishing from Bedroom

Email Phishing from Bedroom