Craigslist Blog Writer Bait and Switch Scam

Original Craigslist spam posting:

Hello!

I'm looking for someone who would like recurring monthly content writing work. Specifically, I need high-quality guest blog writing. I will supply you with a suggested title, then it'll be your job to write a quality, well-researched, 400-600 word article on that topic. Your article will be posted to authority websites and read by many.

Pay will be $10-20 per article; please only reply if you are willing to work within that budget. If so, I have lots of work I can give you on a monthly recurring basis. Please respond with:

- 2-3 work samples
- Work within the given writing budget
- How many articles you'd like to write on a monthly basis

In my Craigslist experience, you can write one of these articles in 30-45 minutes, for an effective hourly rate of $15-20.

Thanks!

Bait and Switch spam reply email below:

Hi [enter name here],

Thanks for the info! The Craigslist writing position has been filled, but I have another need you may be able to help with. I'm currently looking for new publishers on which to publish blog content to help gain visibility on the Web for each client (I represent a search marketing agency for clients). Would you want to work with me on that in regards to [enter blog here].com? 

Basically, here's what I'm thinking. When I have a Craigslist client that matches a niche for one of the writing publishers you write for, I'll pay you to write an article and publish it, while including a link somewhere within the article to my client. This will help my clients with their online visibility, and it'll help me fulfill my responsibilities for my clients.

Have you ever worked in a partnership like this before, and would you be interested in doing so? If so, let me know your rate.

Cheers,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Phishing from Bedroom

Email Phishing from Bedroom