Chase Bank Won't Accept $5K Check Mobile Deposited by Georgia Woman. They Close Her Account, Claiming it is Fraud

A Georgia woman is upset after she claims she is being unfairly treated like a "criminal" after trying to mobile deposit a U.S. government refund check for $5,298 into her Chase bank account. The bank flagged the check for fraud and froze her bank account, eventually closing it.

Chase bank
Chase bank sign; by Mike Mozart, CC BY 2.0 DEED

Channel 2 News reported that Lois White from Atlanta is in shock after trying to deposit a check using mobile deposit into her Chase bank account.

She said:

"I feel like a criminal, like I've done something wrong... Apparently, they couldn't verify this check was real." -Lois White, Chase customer

US Government Forgave Lois White's Student Debt

Lois White received a letter in the mail from the U.S. Government forgiving her student debt.

The letter said, "Congratulations -- your student loan has been forgiven."

White was grateful that her debt was forgiven but had no idea that Chase Bank would flag the check as fraud.

Channel 2 News reported that Chase put a "fraud hold" on the check, and closed Lois White's bank account. The bank would not allow her access to her money.

Lois went down to the bank and took her letter. 

She said:

"I went to the branch. I gave them this letter. I gave them this check, gave them my ID, my birth certificate, [my] social security card." -Lois White, Chase customer

 Then Channel 2 News contacted Chase Bank. That's when the bank said they were "researching her case."

As of 8 December 2023, Chase Bank was still holding White's money.

She said:

"I'm devastated because I've always been able to pay my bills on time and handle my business. But I'm like couch surfing now." -Lois White, Chase customer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Phishing from Bedroom

Email Phishing from Bedroom